Our Nephrology department is involved in diagnosis and treatment of renal (kidney) diseases, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, as well as renal replacement therapy. We have a highly qualified team of Nephrologists (kidney specialists) to take care and give proper medications and counselling for problems pertaining to kidneys.
We have round the clock dialysis facility and are well equipped to carry out kidney transplants.
- Kidney biopsy
- Dialysis catheter placement
- PD catheter insertion
- Fistula creation
- Fistula angiography
- Renal angiography and angioplasty
- Perm cath insertion
- We offer dialysis services for lost kidney function - it is for people who have acute kidney failure or have permanently lost kidney function. This machine cleanses the blood of the patient, a function done by kidneys.
- Our Dialysis unit remains open for 24 hours and has four shifts.
- We have a separate provision for dialysis in ICU with patient-friendly dialysis machines.
- We also provide the support for peritoneal dialysis - home dialysis.
- When the kidneys of a patient stop functioning, then kidney transplant is recommended. We have done several successful kidney transplants and have strived to ensure that neither the donor nor the patient faced any major problems during or after the surgery.
- For details, visit the Organ Transplant section of the website.
Tel: 022 2172 5555, Extn: 1162 | Direct: 022 2172 5563
The provided information is basic and elemental for patient familiarisation only. This information is not a substitute for medical advice.